Wednesday, August 27

Peaches

We bought two large boxes of peaches over the weekend for canning. Sunday was an adventure. I gathered and prepared for the chore. I couldn't find the blancher. I couldn't find the rack for the pressure cooker. I decided I would hand dip and blanch them. They weren't quite ripe enough so I only canned 4 quarts. The adventure awaits! Hopefully they'll be ripe enough the next couple of days because I have cucumbers to pick up Friday for Mustard Pickles and two large boxes of tomatoes Saturday! I will probably just can the tomatoes and in a few more weeks get some Romas for sauce. Tis the season!!
This weeks challenge at Scrapping the Music is a song by Eagle Eye Cherry.
Titled ' Don't Give Up' Click here for the the video and here for the lyrics
Photobucket
Karma... believe that perseverance is the essential ingredient for personal achievement...
Pin It!

6 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Boy that layout just pops from your blog page...I think it may be my love of the color orange. I am not much of a "canner." But my MIL and SIL are doing a few things.

Anonymous said...

Well, they look good, ripe or not!!

Save me some preserves.

You makin some, right??

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I don't know ... but I think you are getting better and better at this!
I cannot eat a peach when it still has fur ... blechtpth
Been busy in Hollydale too, finally getting a day of next Monday. Can't wait :-)

Anonymous said...

What a YUMMY layout!!!

Thanks for playing along with us at stm!

RW said...

You have some nice peaches there Michelle! ;D

Kim said...

I love this layout and the peaches look yummy!