Friday, September 11

Snakes and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

Eric brought a snake home from the school yard when he was about 9 or 10.  I was out front working in the yard when I seen him walking down the sidewalk, holding his arm as high as he could.   He had a hold of a big black snake!  It was longer than Eric was tall.  The snake had bit Eric’s finger so he had blood running down his arm. He didn’t care.  He had a huge grin on his face.   He had a new pet!   There ain’t nothing more exciting than that!   We found a box and put a wire lid on it.   It sat out on the front porch.  He put water and grass in the box and caught a few bugs for it to eat.   The next morning the snake was gone.   I knew it would be….  that was my strategy.  After all…  I am a Mother….  and I collected plenty of my own critters when I was a kid.  
Rockstar Chick and Punk Snowboarder catching tadpoles at the lake.  Early 90’s

Punk Snowboarder (5) holding one of MANY frogs caught up near Stanley lake.  (Sawtooth area)

Punk Snowboarder  holding a turtle he caught at the park.     (Scissorbella was even a Fashion Diva at age 5)

EnJOY!
Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments: