Monday, June 15

Coming Together

Its amazing how long it takes to get some things done. I’ve been working on putting together and organizing my craft room since… Hmmmm.. January?? It just takes time to find furniture… etc… and I’m still not done. I ordered a new desk. It took two weeks to get here. When My Handyman opened the box. The Desk top was broke! Luckily we were able to return to a local store and get a refund. It was a nice large desk too. It had shelves on each end for storage. No drawers. Room for two people to sit at. Oh well!! I decided not to order another like it. I looked on line for a writing desk. Basically I just want a big table to spread out on. I found one at Overstock. com and it was only $98 with shipping. It arrived today and only took me a few minutes to put together. I may order one more… I haven’t decided on that yet…

(BEHIND CLOSET DOORS)

I keep all of my CTMH stamp sets in these drawers. They fit perfectly. And my nestabilities, too.

I painted my InkStak white a couple of weeks ago. I bought it from Stamper storage. AKA Erin at Inky Smiles. All the wood trim in my house is white. The walls in my room are a champagne yellow. My Handyman hung that for me tonight, also..

Things are starting to come together. I’m feeling a little more organized. Maybe I’ll have more time to create!

EnJOY!

Photobucket

Pin It!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

*sigh*

I love when you post pictures of my happy place.

Cynthia said...

That looks awesome! Back when I had a scraproom, I had it really well organized. Until, of course, I started actually using it. Then it went downhill fast!

My scraproom was actually in the July 2006 CK magazine. It looked great for the magazine spread- and then never looked that good again. I can organize. I just don't do so well maintaining it. I got rid of my space last fall (made it into a guest room) because it was down there, messy, and inducing guilt.

You, on the other hand, will do a great job of keeping your room well organized. When it was clean, my room was a great sanctuary for me. I miss THAT part of having my own space!

Barbara said...

Looking good Michelle. Love how the create difinition turned out.
Smiles Barbara

Maria said...

Hey Michelle! I'm sorry your desk top was broken! It's a good thing you were able to get a refund.

You know where is a good place to find great stuff for craft rooms. . ."moving sales" or businesses that are closing down.

They have racks and unusual display stuff that works perfectly for craft rooms. I found this awesome buffet table at a scrapbook store that was going out of business! It was sold really cheap because it was used . . .my husband refinished the wood and it was perfect.

Your craft room is beautiful! Very organized and wow, you have a lot of space. I have a really small room . . .I love your space!!

Maria

Marcie said...

Looks like everything is coming together! Looks great!

Unknown said...

It's nice to have a clean creative space to let your mind go and turn those ideas into reality!

Denise said...

WOW, what an awesome craft room! Wish I had a whole room for myself.

Kelly said...

Ahhhh.... that is my dream. To have a bigger space for myself and organized too! Right now my space is in our bedroom in a little corner. I branch out all over the bedroom when I am in a creative mood and my hubbub doesn't care too much for that! One day I know I will have my own space, my own room. Yours looks great, very clean and organized. Happy creating!

mE said...

OOOH Michelle!

Your room has come together so nicely!!! I especially love seeing that lovely white InkStak hung up above your desk! :) The way you are using it is specifically what we designed it for... to enable you to have room on your workspace and still have your inks and supplies in front of you. Love it, love it!

I love the words on the wall, too! :)

You're so nice and organized now, it's awesome :)

Inky Smiles!
Erin