Sunday, January 1

One Little Word

Have you picked your word for the new year?   Do you know what it is all about?  One little word…  
It’s been an event in the blog world for four or five years.   You choose your word for the year.  It’s a word that you want to inspire you.  It can be a word that is a subtle little hint of something you desire to change.  It can be a big word that can make your passion explode.
You can blog about it,  you can scrap about it,  you can journal about it,  you can even take classes about it for help inspiring you, or you can just day dream about it.  That’s the beauty of it.  It’s YOUR word!   You do whatever you want with it.

My word for Twenty-Twelve is   Choose


I choose to spend my time wisely in Twenty-Twelve. I choose to prioritize my life/time a little better.  I choose to slow down.  I choose to set aside time for personal growth. I choose to set aside time for date night with My Handyman. I choose to make my Family priority.  I will be analyzing and choosing things differently in Twenty-Twelve.

In Twenty-Eleven I really noticed and started observing Families, including my own.   Everyone, myself included, seem to be so busy, always on the go and never seem to have enough time to do what we want to do;  not what necessarily needs done , but what we WANT to do..   Between Friends, Hobbies, Work, Church activities etc…  there seems to be hardly any time for Family.  I think Christmas was the only gathering we had in twenty-eleven that all of my kids, siblings, Mom, etc. were together.   I think there was only one other time that I had all of my kids together. I hate that I have to plan ahead two or three months just to have a day together.  How sad is that? 

          I miss the good ole days!

Photobucket

I realize that the only thing I can do is make myself available.. I can’t change anyone else.  Even if the choices I make, make only a tiny little difference,  it is well worth the effort. 
So what is your word going to be?  Are you going to make a difference in your own life or someone else’s?
Happy New Year!

Photobucket
Pin It!

1 comment:

Pam Speidel said...

Hi Mish & Happy New Year! I read your blog faithfully and *love* all your creations and family photos! I understand what you mean by never having enough time for everything we want to do. Or should I say never making enough time for what we should do?! Keep up the creating as you're one of the BEST! Hugs & Smiles, Pam :)