Wednesday, April 25

Homemade Washi Tape

Washi tape  is the craze in paper crafting.  For some reason I keep calling it Wasabi tape and probably won’t give that up anytime in the near future.  A couple of weeks ago for my Scrap*Life*Journal class our assignment was to make some homemade washi tape.   I finally bought a roll of masking tape and stamped away.   Nothing too fancy. The ink is slick and it is very easy to smear. I used craft inks and let them dry overnight before attaching them to my page.

I stamped some random flower images and a couple of butterflies.  I spritzed a couple of them with Glimmer mist and water colored a couple then cut them out.

Products used:   Cosmo Cricket Cs.  Masking tape.  SU craft inks. Distress ink – vintage photo.  Zig pen.  Glimmer mist. Blending pen.   Robins Nest Baubles. CTMH – Sorbet, Cranberry Red, Tulip, Creme Brulee.  C1494 Card Word Puzzle. 

 

Be Creative!

 



Photobucket
Pin It!

1 comment:

Connie said...

You're always sharing new ideas . . . thank you. I am a gal that loves learning any thing new. Every time I see that photo of Tanner, I want to give him a loving scratch behind the ears . . . so give him a scratch from me. Have a great day, and keep your lovely informative posts coming. Connie :)