Tuesday, July 13

Queen Mish

This is from  one of the lessons from my new Digital Expressions book..    It has quite a few layers..  and turned out quite ODD.   LOL!   That’s  ok.. Most Art is…well…quite odd!
It’s kind of hard to tell,  but I used a photo of myself, then added layers of colors and paint,   shadowed and sketched.   You can’t even see any of the original photo except my eyes, teeth and shirt.   I had a really hard time with the lips.   The background has many layers of brushes, then I added a couple digital elements.  Entire piece has 24 layers. Gasp!
Guess what is now on my wish list?   A graphics tablet.   Much easier for drawing than my mouse..

“Why not learn to enjoy the
little things?  There are so
many of them.”

Photobucket
Pin It!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Michelle;
This is so cute! I can't believe how many layers there are! THank you for thinking about me in regards to the "Digital Expressions" book - It's on my wishlist for sure. So does this mean you got a pen tablet???? I love mine but have not had much time with it.
Hugs to you

Scrappy Girl said...

I bet the lips were hard! It is cute. I am finally back blogging.

♥Jacqueline said...

That picture is awesome! Nice Job!