Tuesday, August 14

A Friend Loveth

This page  for my July Scrap*Life*Journal class was fun to make. My hands were covered in ink and glue by the time I was done. 

IMG_3672_edited-1

First I found a base sheet of cardstock.   This one just happens to be a piece from one of my favorite designers.  Cosmo Cricket.   And on a side note…. Did you know that many Scrapbook paper designers now have fabric lines for quilting? 

I wrote out my verse using my Zig marker on the sheet and colored it in with Copic Markers.

IMG_3673

Flowers are cut out using old book pages and a die cut by Tim Holtz.  I spritzed them with a couple shades of Glimmer Mist.  After they were dry, I glued them to my sheet then outlined the edges and distressed with distress ink – black soot.

IMG_3671_edited-1

I wanted to do a little something more so I punched out some circle punches of white cardstock.  I scraped the edges to grunge them up.  I then scrunched them all up, opened them up and spritzed with Glimmer Mist.   I then glued them to the flower centers and squeezed them together as I was gluing.  It helps that the paper was a little damp.   I then added a few dabs of distressed stickles.  I hope you like the end result.

IMG_3670_edited-1

 

Be Creative!

Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments: