Wednesday, June 22

Cherry Blossoms and Birds

Spring has sprung  a little too long… and just as predicted… the cooler weather turned into 95 degree’s.    The tree’s are done flowering and the hummingbirds are just appearing in Boise.

I created this card for the Mojo Monday week 195 challenge.   I didn’t quite get it blogged in time but I still love using the card sketches.

image

I have quite a bit going on with this card.   I cut up a coffee insulation wrap.  Even though I don’t drink coffee…  I like going to Moxi Java and getting a caramel hot chocolate.  Especially in the winter.    I painted the squares with pink paint then again with distress crackle paint.  Tim Holtz – worn lipstick.  I distressed the edges with Distress ink – Soot.

 

I used vintage photo crackle paint and painted directly onto the red rubber stamp for the bird.  I then stamped it on a textured vellum, waited for it to dry then cut it out.

Cherry blossoms are colored with copic markers.

Products used:  Basic Grey – Sweet threads. Spellbinders – Medium circles. CTMH – black, breeze. Copic markers. SU – Elements of Style. Distress ink – Soot. Vintage crackle paint – Worn Lipstick. Vintage photo.  CTMH – D1475 Card Chatter –Birthday. SU – edge punch. Button.

Be Creative!


Photobucket
Pin It!

2 comments:

mE said...

I love this card! It's so beautiful!!!

Lorie said...

Just incredible Michelle! I love all the texture and colors you use in your crafting!