Thursday, June 19

Brush Strokes

I had the desire to get out my brushes a couple of weeks ago.   While out and about last winter, while checking out the holiday bazaars, we saw this cute wood cut out of  the word LOVE that we thought would be so cute for my granddaughters bedroom.  I bought some cute valentines paper while it was in season.

  I finally have the wood letters and decided to get painting.   

_MG_1334_edited-1

I painted the edges with  Decoart American – Dragon Fruit.  I love the brightness of it and it matches the paper perfectly.  The pictures do not do this justice.  I had a hard time getting some good photo’s while this was hanging on my wall.

I traced the wood letter onto the paper, hand cut them out then attached with mod podge. When that was dry, I put a couple of coats over the entire piece.  I like using the matte finish of the mod podge. 

_MG_1335

I attached together with some bright pink gingham ribbon and added a wire on top to finish it.

_MG_1336_edited-1

Isn’t it cute? The finished piece is about 24 inches tall.

_MG_1338_edited-1

I also painted this summery flower hang up.

 _MG_1356_edited-1 _MG_1357_edited-1 _MG_1358_edited-1 _MG_1359_edited-1 _MG_1360_edited-1

And just in time for Flag day, I finished this American sign.  The lettering is white vinyl.

 _MG_1362_edited-1 _MG_1363_edited-1 _MG_1361_edited-1

What should I paint next?   I’m thinking watermelon!

Saturday is the first day of Summer.  I hope you’re is off to a good start!

Be creative!

 

Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments: