Thursday, March 27

Not Your Typical Baby Mini

Don’t get me wrong.  I like pink.  I like all shades of pink and believe me there are a lot of pinks out there. 

My cousin’s daughter had a baby a few weeks ago.  I made this cute little baby album for her new little daughter Gracee.   I didn’t use the typical baby colors, but I did make it girly. Now that she received the gift in the mail, it is safe to share.

_MG_0618

_MG_0619

_MG_0620

_MG_0621

_MG_0622

Aren’t the colors fun?    I know!  There are a lot of pictures but I really want you to see it all.

_MG_0623

_MG_0624

_MG_0625

_MG_0626

There are many places to add pictures and journaling to remember the special moments.

_MG_0627

_MG_0628

_MG_0629

_MG_0630

I used stickers, buttons, twine, washi tape etc…..  I like to use Tim Holtz Distress Ink – vintage photo to distress all of the edges.  I think it gives it a finished look.

_MG_0631

_MG_0632

_MG_0633

_MG_0634

Here are instructions on how I did it….

Paper Bag Scrapbook 6x6

You will use 4 #8 brown paper bags. Lay one down, turn the next in the opposite direction, until you have all four stacked. Sew a seam down the center. Fold in half and punch 3-5 holes. I use my Cropadile.

Staple down the inside flaps.

Cut the following sizes of CS (Cardstock) and B&T paper (background and texture).

4 – 5”x 5 1/2” CS

4 –X Large CS circle punches.

4 X Large B&T Circle Punches.

12 – 5 1/2” x 5 1/2 “ B&T

4 5 1/2 “ x 3 1/2 “ B&T

4 5” x 3” CS

I like to ink the outside edges of all of my B&T paper and CS with a coordinating color, or with Tim Holtz Distress ink (Vintage Photo).

You will need several colors of coordinating ribbon. Cut several 5” strips of various colors. Tie these on the spine of the scrapbook. ( I add mine after the rest of the book is finished so that is lies flat while working on it) Cut 4- 2” strips of ribbon. These will be to attached to the 5” x 3” pieces of cs. These pieces will go in the inside flaps of bags (great for journaling or small photos).

Glue a 5 1/2” x 5 1/2 “ piece of B&T paper on each flat page including Front and Back.

Glue a 5 1/2 “ x 3 1/2” piece on outside of each flap. Glue a Large Circle CS on each 5x 5 1/2 “ CS. Stagger these so that they will look like tabs inside the book. Glue a large B&T Circle on each Large Circle. These will be inserted into each bag opening (front and back can be decorated.

Embellish and attach photos and journaling as desired.

Extras – Ribbons, buttons, staples, chipboard, stickers as desired. The paper kit I used is: Echo Park - Sweet Girl Collection

 

_MG_0617

 

Enjoy!

Photobucket
Pin It!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

THIS IS SO CUTE! I KNOW SHE IS GOING TO LOVE IT!