Sunday, January 5

A Winter Walk

It was such a pretty day Saturday.  The fog had lifted. The sun was out.  And the sky was blue with only a couple of clouds.   I had cabin fever.  I wanted out of the house.   I decided to grab my camera bag and hit the road.   I took a drive South of town to the desert.

This is what the desert of Southwest Idaho looks like.   It is about 8 miles from my house.

_MG_0436_edited-1

Off in the distance you get a glimpse of the Owyhee Mountains.

_MG_0439_edited-1

Isn’t it lovely?   Nothing but sagebrush and lava rock for miles.   It actually looks kind of pretty this time of year with the little bit of snow patches here and there. 

_MG_0458_edited-1

_MG_0459_edited-1

The pretty blue sky and sunshine was very deceiving.  There was a breeze and it had quite a bite to it.   I drove to Dedication Point off Swan Falls Road and hiked down the trail to the lookout.

_MG_0437

Below in the canyon runs the Snake River.  What a beautiful sight.  Despite my numb fingers, pink nose and my hair blowing wildly in all directions; I took several shots.

_MG_0442_edited-1

_MG_0443_edited-1

_MG_0447_edited-1

_MG_0451_edited-1

Even though I was chilled to the bone, it was a nice little hike and it felt good to get out of the house.   I need to plan a few more of these adventures.   I think its time to get a new Four Wheeler.  Does anyone want to join me?

_MG_0457_edited-1

Enjoy!

 

Photobucket
Pin It!

1 comment:

♥Jacqueline said...

That was the first time I ever saw you near my side of the "tracks". I was wondering what you were up to ;) nice pics! I had just got done doing the same with Jeff at the observation point along the way. :)